Member Spotlight: Aurora Pasos

This week's member spotlight is our Public Relations Chair, Aurora Pasos! Aurora is a senior Communication major with a concentration in Public Relations and a double minor in Dance and Art History.


Q:When did you join SPJ?

A: "My freshman year, 2014"

Q: What do you love the most about SPJ/ being involved in student media?

A: "The opportunity to meet industry leaders and gain priceless information about the field I hope to work in. I also love how this chapter continues to grow and we have all grown closer over the years."

Q: What other organizations are you a part of?

A: "I am a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha and a dancer in Urbanknowlogy 101."

Q: Have you had any internship opportunities or any cool opportunities?

A: "I have interned at Northern Virginia Magazine and the Mason Study Abroad Office for their marketing offices. I am currently interning at the Smithsonian Institution Freer and Sackler Galleries."

Q: What are some career goals or aspirations that you have for yourself?

A: "I have many interests and I love working on different projects each time. I hope to join a Public Relations firm or join the Communications and Marketing Offices of an art museum. Art history and dance are two of my biggest passions so if I can work in any of those industries it would be a dream come true."

Q: Any fun facts about yourself?

A: "You can follow me at aurorapasos.com or on my social media platforms @aurorapasos."

Flash Questions:

Broadcast journalism or Print: Broadcast journalism
Video or Photography: Video
Music or TV: TV
Winter or Summer: Summer always
Hot and Humid or Rainy and Cold: Hot and Humid
Spicy or Sweet: Sweet
Hot Coffee or Iced Coffee: Hot mochas every morning
Vogue or W Magazine? Vogue

If you had to wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Joggers

Thank you to Aurora for being this week's Member Spotlight. See you all Tuesday for FOX 5 Entertainment Reporter Kevin McCarthy.

Signing off,
GMU SPJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Member Spotlight: AJ Blomberg

Recap: Amos Gelb, Director of Washington Media Instiute