Member Spotlight: Chateau Mangaroo

This week's member spotlight is Chateau Mangaroo. Chateau is majoring in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a double minor in Sport Management and Journalism. She is set to graduate in December 2017.


Q: When did you join SPJ?

A: " I joined Fall 2016."

Q: What do you love the most about SPJ/ being involved in student media?

A: "I love the networking opportunities and meeting everybody. I also like being able to do things outside of campus and being involved in this group and being able to do things as a team. What I like the most is that I get to showcase my writing. I didn't know how to start that before, but SPJ helped me with that."

Q: What other organizations are you a part of?

A: "I am a part of PRSSA and I was just elected to the executive board of the Sports Management Society."

Q: Have you had any internships or any cool opportunities?

A: "I just started an internship with the American Heart Association. I'm helping them organize the Lawyers' Have Heart 10K/5K run right now."

Q: What are some career goals/ aspirations that you have for yourself?

A: "Eventually I want to get into sports journalism. I like covering the human interest pieces, not necessarily the games. I've contributed to Inhale Sports, a popular sports blog, before as well."

Q: Any fun facts about yourself?

A: "I ran a 50 mile race in November 2015." 

Flash Questions: 

Pizza or Sushi: Pizza
Broadcast or Print Journalism: Print
Radio or TV: TV
Video or Photography: Photography
Rain or Snow: Snow
Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks: Starbucks
Country or City: City
Politics or Sports: Sports

If you could wear one shoe for the rest of your life, what would it be? Jimmy Choo Pumps

Thank you to Chateau for being this week's member spotlight. Also a huge congratulations to Chateau for being a finalist in the SPJ Mark of Excellence in the online sports category. (Check out her article here) Also congratulations to Chateau for having her first article printed in the IV Estate this past week.

See you all on Tuesday for our last meeting of the semester!

Signing off, 
GMU SPJ

*** To see the Press Release from the SPJ Region 2 Mark of Excellence Awards, click here!  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Member Spotlight: Aurora Pasos

Member Spotlight: AJ Blomberg

Recap: Amos Gelb, Director of Washington Media Instiute