Member Spotlight: Nathan Crawford

This week's member spotlight is Nathan Crawford. Nathan is a freshman Communication student with a concentration in Journalism and a minor in Film and Media Studies from Atlanta, Georgia.


Q: When did you join SPJ?

A: "I joined in November of 2016."

Q: What do you love the most about SPJ/ being involved in student media?

A: "I like the networking opportunities. For example, I had already met Kevin McCarthy before he came to our meeting and it was really cool to be able to see him again. He remembered my name and who I was, which was really cool. It is a great way to be able to network and use the connections for internships."

Q: What other organizations are you a part of?

A: "Mason Ambassadors."

Q: Have you had any internships or any cool opportunities?

A: "I was able to go to the Washington Journalism and Media Conference in 2015. I interned this past Summer for them and I'm going back this July as a Junior Faculty Advisor."

Q: What are some career goals or aspirations that you have for yourself?

A: "I would love to do anything that deals with politics. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to be on the morning news. The older I get, the more I follow politics."

Q: Any fun facts about yourself?

A: "I went to Korea for Christmas when I was four."

Flash Questions:

Black Shoes or Brown Shoes: Brown
Spicy or Sweet: Sweet
Music or TV: TV
Iced Tea or Hot Coffee: Sweet Tea
Chicken or Beef: Chicken

If you could visit one place right now, where would it be? England

Thank you to Nathan for being this week's Member Spotlight. See you all on Tuesday for our meeting.

Signing off,
GMU SPJ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Member Spotlight: Aurora Pasos

Member Spotlight: AJ Blomberg

Recap: Amos Gelb, Director of Washington Media Instiute