Member Spotlight: Lauryn Cantrell

This week's member spotlight is our Vice President, Lauryn Cantrell. Lauryn is a sophomore with a double major in Communication with a concentration in Journalism and Government and International Politics.

Q:When did you join SPJ?

A: "I joined as a Freshman during the Fall of 2015 semester."

Q: What do you love the most about SPJ/ being involved in student media?

A: "I like the fact that it is a national organization. I like the fact that there are more people out there who are interested in what I am interested in. I like that we deal with the ethics and the history of SPJ.  I'm a huge history buff."

Q: What other organizations are you a part of?

A: "I am a part of Roosevelt's, which is a Non-Partisan Public Policy group."

Q: Have you had any internships or any cool opportunities?

A: "I was a Congressional Aid before starting college. I was also able to study abroad in Paris."

Q: What are some career goals or aspirations that you have for yourself?

A: "I would love to live abroad anywhere in Europe. I love journalism but I also love art, so if I could combine the two that would be great."

Q: Any fun facts about yourself?

A: "One thing that sets me apart is that I am Finnish and Swedish. My culture has definitely influenced who I am, and I like who I am as an individual." 

Flash Questions:
Apple or Lemonade: Apple, lemonade is disgusting.
Broadcast journalism or Print: Print
Video or Photography: Photography
Music or TV: TV
Winter or Summer: Winter
Hot and Humid or Rainy and Cold: Rainy and Cold
Spicy or Sweet: Sweet
Coffee or Tea: Depends on where I am

If you had to live in one place for the rest of your life, where would it be? Paris, I feel so connected to the people there.

Thank you to Lauryn for being this week's Member Spotlight. See you all on Tuesday for New York Times Journalist, Michael S. Schmidt.

Signing off, 
GMU SPJ



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Member Spotlight: Aurora Pasos

Member Spotlight: AJ Blomberg

Recap: Amos Gelb, Director of Washington Media Instiute